Unwanted belly fat not only steals away your energy and self confidence, believe it or not it can also determine your longevity. Having excess belly fat is deadly and wreaks havoc on your health.
There are 3 causes resulting in excess belly fat. They are:
- Diets high in grains and low in fat. This causes blood sugar to rise and poor insulin sensitivity, which leads our bodies to store belly fat.
- Increased levels of stress. This causes our body to release cortisol, and increased levels of cortisol causes our bodies to store belly fat.
Studies show that getting 8 – 9 hours of quality sleep help reduce cortisol levels, as well as 20 – 40 minutes of meditation a day.
- Not eating the proper amount of healthy fats
[cp_info_bar display=”inline” id=”cp_id_53f71″][/cp_info_bar]
So, how do you get rid of unwanted belly fat…… eat more healthy fat! What? You heard me… eat more healthy fat! Metabolic research shows us that by consuming more healthy fats we can slim down our waistline and strip away unwanted pounds. Fat is one of the most crucial elements for hormonal balance. For years, we’ve been told that fat-free is good, while cholesterol and saturated fat are bad. This is a dangerous lie. Healthy fat is the raw material that we need to produce and maintain proper hormone function. Healthy fats also help regulate our hormones.
So, what are the healthy fats you should be eating?
- Organic whole eggs
- Organic nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews)
- Organic seeds (pumpkin and sunflower)
- Wild fish
- Organic olive oil
- Organic coconut oil
- Raw butter
Eating well balanced meals including lean clean protein, hormone-balancing healthy fats, antioxidant-rich vegetables, and healing herbs will help your body thrive.
Choose food that is organic, grass fed and non-GMO.
A good clean diet along with a great exercise program can help you lead a long healthy and happy life.