Keeping your skin healthy is important, especially as you getting older. Skin starts to lose collagen in our 20’s; causing women to spend billions of dollars every year on face creams and serums to fight this aging process. We all want to keep our skin youthful looking. But what about the rest of your body? What can we do to keep our skin looking great all over…. Dry brushing! Dry brushing goes beyond benefits to your skin as it can actually benefit your health.
Dry brushing can be done daily, preferably before taking a shower. Start with a gentle brush, while applying soft pressure and work up to a firmer brush and more firm pressure over time.
- Starting at the feet, brush the bottom of your feet and up the legs in long, smooth strokes. Try to brush each section of your body 10 times. Always brush toward your chest(heart) area where the lymph system drains. As a good rule of thumb, always brush toward the center of the body.
- Repeat the same process with the arms, starting with the palms of the hands and brushing up the arm toward the heart making your way to your shoulders and neck.
- On the stomach and armpits, brush in a circular clockwise motion.
Your skin should be slightly pink after brushing, but it should never be red or sting.
*We respect your privacy and have a ZERO TOLERANCE for spam*
The many benefits of dry brushing are:
- Helps stimulate your lymphatic system
- Helps increase circulation
- Exfoliates your skin
- Helps to reduce cellulite
- Helps to improve digestion and kidney function
- Helps to relieve stress
- Helps boost your energy level
After showering apply a heavy moisturizing oil to your body… not mineral or baby oil. Coconut oil or olive oil work best to help lock in moisture; keeping your skin looking younger and feeling silky smooth.
Keep dry brushing and in a couple weeks you will notice a big difference in your skin and so will others!